Glazed Pork Chop and Pear Casserole
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
- We've all had pork chops, but in a casserole?! Time to add sweet to your chops with pear and apple juice. Get ready for a saucepan sensation!
- 4 lb center-cut pork loin chops
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 large green Anjou or Bartlett pear or 1 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple, as substitute
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup Vermont Maid® Pancake Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp Polaner® Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Ac’cent Flavor Enhancer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Place chops in 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half. Cut each piece crosswise in half. Cut each quarter crosswise into slices about 1/3-inch thick.
- Cut pear, unpeeled, into 8 wedges and remove core.
- Arrange sweet potato slices, pear wedges and onion wedges over chops.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes, basting occasionally, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Spoon pan juices over each serving.