Ac’cent Beer Can Roasted Chicken
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Looking for tender chicken? This recipe has the answer; your chicken will be flavorful with the use of beer, chili powder, mustard and paprika.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Ac’cent Flavor Enhancer
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 can beer
- 1 whole chicken
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix sugar, chili powder, onion powder, paprika, mustard, Ac’cent, and ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Place half-full can of beer in center of plate. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck; drain and pat dry.
- Place chicken over beer can with legs at bottom; keep upright. Rub 1 teaspoon of seasoning mix into the top cavity of chicken. Rub remaining seasoning over surface of chicken.
- Preheat a grill. Place chicken on grill standing up on the beer can over indirect flames with the lid closed. Cook until no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken and discard beer can with tongs. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and set aside for 10 minutes before slicing.